An All Progressives Congress (APC) chieftain, Imran Wakil, has listed some hurdles Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu faced to become Nigeria’s president.
Wakil, a political analyst, listed the obstacles in a social media post he made on Tuesday, June 27.
According to him, Tinubu was not supported in some parts of the southwest, the southeast and the last administration in his quest to be Muhammadu Buhari’s successor.
The barriers he faced, according to Wakil, are:
1) In the southwest, the highest level of Afenifere leadership betrayed him.
2) Chief Ayo Adebanjo fought him to standstill.
3) Chief Bode George swore he wouldn’t get near the office.
4) General Olusegun Obasanjo lost control and came out to campaign against him.
5) Members of his innermost circles, such as Rauf Aregbesola, Babafemi Ojodu, and Yemi Osinbajo, openly challenged and betrayed him.
6) Lagos state voted against and so also his supposed state of origin, Osun.
7) In the southeast, he was openly loathed. They hated him. They despised him. They lied against him. They went about the worst calumnious campaigns against him.
8) The cabals of the presidency and the establishment of Nigeria didn’t show their faces as they have always done.
9) The cabal through CBN struck, and citizens were made to endure the worst period of suffering so they won’t vote APC, but GOD DID. Cabal through NNPC struck, and the fuel queues went for an unprecedented time.
10) Not even the sitting president was with him.
11) Even his party chairman tried to rob him of the party’s ticket.
Wakil also added that the Labour Party’s presidential candidate, Peter Obi, contributed to the electoral victory of Tinubu.
“Asíwájú Bola Tinubu has come into the presidency with all his qualities minus a godfather. He will be the best president we have ever had in Nigeria’s history,” he concluded.