Nigeria has been listed as the fourth most populous country in the world.
World of Statistics (@stats_feed) on X revealed this in an update on global population statistics.
The figures, while not exhaustive, shed light on the sheer diversity and scale of populations across the globe.
Here are some notable highlights from the list:
- India 🇮🇳 1.431 billion: India claims the top spot with a population exceeding 1.4 billion.
- China 🇨🇳 1.425 billion: China closely follows, with an equally massive population.
- USA 🇺🇸 340 million: The United States maintains a considerable population, ranking third on the list.
- Nigeria 🇳🇬 225 million: Nigeria secures its place in the top 10, highlighting its status as one of the most populous countries in Africa.
- Brazil 🇧🇷 216 million: Brazil, known for its rich culture and natural beauty, has a substantial population.
The list continues to showcase a wide range of population sizes, with countries like Japan, Egypt, Iran, and Turkey appearing further down the ranking.
Experts say the statistics underscore the significant demographic differences among nations, each contributing to the rich tapestry of the global population.
According to the report, the world’s total population stands at approximately 8.1 billion people, highlighting the immense diversity and interconnectedness of the human race.
The information serves as a valuable reference point for discussions surrounding global demographics, resource allocation, and the challenges and opportunities of varying population sizes and dynamics.