The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has hailed Oyo state governor, Engr. Seyi Makinde for embarking on five major road projects in the state.
The PDP noted that in the last year, the administration led by Governor Makinde has demonstrated a committed focus on enhancing rural-urban connectivity through an array of vital road projects.
”These initiatives showcase a concerted effort to uplift infrastructure in the state and facilitate smoother links between rural and urban areas,” the party said.
The five road projects as listed and highlighted by the PDP are:
1) Moniya-Ijaiye-Iseyin Road Reconstruction (65km): This project aims to reconstruct the Moniya-Ijaiye-Iseyin Road, covering an impressive distance of 65 kilometres. This venture promises improved transportation, benefiting both rural and urban communities.
2) Saki-Ogbooro-Igboho Road Rehabilitation (45.3km): The rehabilitation of the Saki-Ogbooro-Igboho Road spanning 45.3 kilometres demonstrates the administration’s commitment to rejuvenating key transportation arteries, which is vital for economic and social development.
3) Airport-Ajia-New Ife Express Road Reconstruction (21km) with a Spur to Amuloko: The administration’s proactive approach is evident in reconstructing the Airport-Ajia-New Ife Express Road, which covers 21 kilometres. Notably, a spur to Amuloko is also part of this project, further illustrating a holistic approach to infrastructure development.
4) Awotan-Apete-Akufo Road Reconstruction (12km) – Rigid Concrete Pavement: The utilization of rigid concrete pavement in the reconstruction of the Awotan-Apete-Akufo Road, spanning 12 kilometres, underlines the administration’s commitment to durability and long-term infrastructure solutions.
5) Akingbile-Lagbeja-Ajibode Road Reconstruction (4.78km): Addressing local needs, the administration’s reconstruction of the Akingbile-Lagbeja-Ajibode Road, covering 4.78 kilometres, is set to make a tangible impact on the lives of nearby residents.
The party added that: ”Governor Seyi Makinde’s administration’s concerted efforts in these road projects underscore their dedication to enhancing the region’s infrastructure landscape.
”The focus on rural-urban connectivity speaks volumes about the administration’s forward-looking approach, aiming to foster inclusive development and connectivity for all population segments.”