The minister of works, David Nweze Umahi, on Monday, took to social media to share updates on his recent inspections of various road construction sites and projects.
The minister said the inspections were focused on critical infrastructure developments aimed at enhancing transportation and connectivity across the country.
Among the notable updates, Governor Umahi instructed contractors responsible for projects on the Gada-Biyu Bridge and Phase II of the Lokoja Okene Road in Kogi State to provide a comprehensive list of deteriorated road sections.
He also emphasized using stone bases for reconstruction instead of dust bases, stressing the need for durability and quality in road construction.
The inspections also covered several other crucial road projects, including:
- Section II of the Dualization of Abuja-Lokoja Road, from Sheda to Abaji.
- Rehabilitation and Construction of the Abuja-Lokoja Road.
- Lokoja-Benin Road.
- Okene-Auchi-Benin Road (Kogi/Edo States).
- Section II of Obajana Junction-Benin Road.
- Section II of the Dualization of Auchi-Ehor, Benin Way.
- Agbor-Ewu Road project in Uromi, Edo State.
Umahi reaffirmed his commitment to delivering on the Renewed Hope Agenda of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, emphasizing that there would be no wavering from this promise.
The focus on infrastructure development and road construction is expected to contribute significantly to improving the lives and economic prospects of the people of Nigeria.